Our hearts have been heavy over the past week as we have been grieving, processing recent events and supporting our Minneapolis community on the ground. There are no words to properly express the weight and sadness of what happened to George Floyd, our neighbor, and we recognize his story is not singular given the historic oppression of the Black community.
We believe it is our responsibility to listen without judgement, learn and take action. We stand in solidarity with those speaking up for what’s right and call for systemic change. We understand that we do not have the answers today, but we are ready to use our platform to contribute to the movement to end racial injustice.
Rae has donated to the George Floyd Memorial Fund to support his family in the days to come as they seek justice.
We have also donated to the NAACP to support the political, educational, social and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.
Our team has started to compile a list of resources for those looking to get involved, understand their own biases and use their voice:
* Anti-Racism Resources
* 13 Books You Should Read About Black Lives
* 10 Steps to Non-Optical Allyship
* 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
* How To Be Actively Anti-Racist
* Anti-Racism Project
* Your Kids Aren’t Too Young to Talk About Race: Resource Roundup
* Resources for White People to Learn and Talk About Race and Racism
* It’s Never Too Early To Talk About Race
* An Anti-Racist Reading List
* Showing Up For Racial Justice Educational Toolkits
* Petitions + Donations
* Resources + Educational Tools
We encourage you to use your voice in a way that feels right to you.