The Foundation to Loving The Skin You’re In
Loving the skin you’re in is an ongoing journey towards self-acceptance. As women, we are continuously being told how we should love ourselves and our bodies, and at the same time being bombarded with subliminal messages everywhere telling us we are not enough. At Rae, we know that this must stop. We are wasting our time and energy comparing ourselves to others and obsessing over what is ‘wrong’. What if we became obsessed with the woman we are? And what if we really started appreciating ourselves and our own life journey? In a world that perpetuates unrealistic beauty standards, building a strong foundation of self-love becomes essential for mental and emotional well-being. Here are a few ways to love the skin you’re in.
- Practice Self-Compassion. Acknowledge that nobody is perfect, and imperfections are what make us beautifully human. When faced with negative self-talk, recognize it in the moment, and write down 3 things that make you, you.
- Give gratitude to your body. Instead of comparing yourself to others, focus on what makes you valuable. Celebrate your distinct features and write down what you appreciate about them. Remember, your uniqueness is your strength.
- Do things that make you happy. There’s nothing more important than filling your cup with the people and activities you love. Surround yourself with people who uplift and support you. Get up, get out, and do something you love with people that love you.
- Fill your scroll. Fill your social media feed with body-positive influencers and messages that inspire self-acceptance. Avoid environments and media content that serve you unrealistic standards.
- Have a routine. Be consistent in taking care of yourself. Fuel yourself daily from the inside with Rae’s Multivitamin, which supports your whole body with a powerful blend of essential nutrients including vitamin A C, D, biotin, zinc and more to give you the energy you need to take on the day. Also, having the right skincare routine for both your face and body helps support ritual. Higher Education Skincare offers a “Mindful Masking” playlist to incorporate into your weekly routine. While you let the facemask set, you can work on the above to ensure you’re holistic in your approach.
Learning to love the skin you’re in is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. To move your criticism into appreciation, you’ll need to focus on it daily. And when you believe YOU are beautiful, your mental and physical well-being will start to soar.