When it comes to supporting your well-being, we believe prioritizing nourishment should be at the top of the list. That’s why we collaborated with chef Sandy Ho to curate nourishing summer recipes just for you.
Blueberry Ginger Mocktail
Blueberry Syrup (makes about 2 cups)
1 pint fresh blueberries
2 tbs honey or maple syrup
2 fresh makrut lime leaves
1 inch ginger, cut into slices
2 tsp blue butterfly pea powder
- To make the blueberry syrup, place ½ cup water, blueberries and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Once the berries start to soften (about 5 minutes), using the back of a fork, gently crush the blueberries
- Add lime leaves and ginger slices, continue to simmer all ingredients together for another 3 minutes until ginger and lime leaves are fragrant. Remove from heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a mesh strainer fitted over a small bowl, pour the blueberry mixture through the strainer, pressing down on the berries to get all the juice. Discard lime leaves, ginger and blueberry pulp/skin
- Keep the syrup in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 7 days.
To make the Blueberry Ginger Mocktail, fill a 10oz cup with ice, top with club soda and a few fresh blueberries. Then add 1-2 tbs of the blueberry syrup along with your favorite Rae Drops. Enjoy!
Butter Lettuce, Peach + Avocado Salad + Cilantro Cashew Dressing
1 head of butter lettuce, leaves gently separated into cups and washed
1 avocado, cut into ¼ inch slices
1 peach, thinly sliced
2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
2 tbs crushed roasted peanuts
Olive oil and salt
½ cup raw organic cashews
¾ cup filtered water
1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1 cup cilantro (leaves and stems)
½ jalapeño (deseeded if you prefer less spice)
3 tbs fresh lime juice
1 tbs toasted sesame oil
Zest of 1 lime
- Soak cashews overnight or for a minimum of 2 hours
- Drain cashews and blend with ¾ cup water into a creamy texture. Add remaining ingredients and continue to blend until smooth. Adjust salt to taste.
- Keep in an airtight jar or container for up to 5 days.
- Arrange a few butter lettuce leaves and slices of peaches scarcely on the bottom of a large plate and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of cilantro cashew dressing, a light drizzle of olive oil and salt
- Repeat, making sure to fill in the gaps with more peaches and lettuce and dressing each layer
- Top the salad with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and crushed peanuts and then avocado.
This is a perfect salad for the summertime. Great as a salad to eat with your hands as lettuce cups and dressing can be used in place of caesar dressing for vegan salads! Fresh and delicious.