Is your vaginal pH balanced? Key signs on how to tell.
You may know that the vagina has its own microbiome and delicate pH levels. A healthy vagina contains a mix of friendly and less friendly bacteria which make up your vaginal microbiome. This microbiome supports a naturally acidic pH, which fights off infections and reduces irritation. However, there are many disruptions that can cause your vaginal pH to be off balance including perimenopause, increased sexual activity, and more. It’s important to monitor your vaginal health, and here’s are some common symptoms.
1. Bacterial Vaginosis can cause a thin white or gray vaginal discharge. This can have a strong odor that is particularly noticeable after sex.
2. Yeast Infections can cause the vagina to be red, itchy or irritated. It can also cause thick and sticky vaginal discharge.
3. Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) may not always cause symptoms. However, you may experience a burning sensation, soreness, itching, or pain while urinating.
There are some proactive ways to take care of your vaginal health.
1. Start with your diet. Avoid overly sugary foods, especially if you’re prescribed antibiotics.
2.Avoid douching and using scented products. Douches often work against your vaginal pH, but there are some great cleansing products you can use after sexual intercourse.
3. Wear natural fiber clothing. Make sure you have natural fibers next to your skin and avoid staying it damp or sweaty clothing.
4. Consider an unscented vaginal moisturizer. The right moisturizer can help soothe and reduce dryness and itching.
5. Consider supplements. Our Vaginal Balance Capsules support your vaginal and urinary tract health with a powerful blend of probiotics, herbs, and cranberry.
If you experience any of the symptoms above or need support to get yourself back to balance, we suggest you work with your healthcare provider.